Monday, January 28, 2008

Pho Hoa Favorites: Noodle Soup, Mango Crepe, Pomelo Salad, and Stuffed Chicken Wings

Vietnamese cuisine relies heavily on fresh vegetables, fresh herbs, and subtle seasonings, reason for me to love Vietnamese dishes.

So far, my only favorite Vietnamese Restaurant is Pho Hoa Noodle House. I've tried other Vietnamese Restaurants but among them, Pho Hoa is still the best!


The hot seafood soup with fish fillet, fish ball, shrimp, and crab meat served with fresh basil, a dash of lemon, been sprouts, and chili to complete the genuine taste of a real Vietnamese soup. Specifically, I like Pho (rice noodles) because of its firmness and unique taste, deviating from the usual wheat-based noodles.




Mouth-watering Stuffed Chicken Wings with tasty vinaigrette.



Indulge in a guilt-free Mango Crepe. Oh, so yummy!



I will survive if what's served for me is only this Pomelo Salad. At least I was able to strictly follow my vegetarian diet.:) It comes with a dressing that is just water, pounded nuts and sugar to taste.



Now it's time to wash down the palatable and nutritious meal with a freshly squeezed lemon juice. It's not bottomless but because of the concentrated mixture, you can add as many water as you wish.

Branches I know: SM North Edsa, SM Megamall, Jupiter Street Makati, Tomas Morato Quezon City, Eastwood City Libis, Greenhills Shopping Center

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

favorite ko yan seafood pho...sarap!

Anonymous said...

I love seafood! But never tried Vietnamese noodles though!

Masarap!

D@phneL@ur@ said...

I'm a recent convert of Vietnamese food. Pho Hoa has a new branch at the Edsa Shangri-la mall which I now frequent for their tasty soup.

Anonymous said...

da@phn3, thanks for dropping a comment. :)

thanks also for the info on Pho Hoa's new branch in Edsa Shang.

Nini said...

hi orange,

i love food, period! my favorite is their noodle soup with fresh vegetables, i.e. mint leaves, bean sprouts, etc. like their fresh spring rolls too, quite different from ours. we have Pho restaurant here too.

Rochelle said...

Other than my mom's cooking (Filipino food), Vietnamese and Thai are my FAVORITE food because I love the noodles!! These pics made me hungry! NUMMY!! Masarap!

orange said...

Nini, thanks for dropping a comment. :P

Rochelle, I love Thai food also. Vietnamese and Thai foods have similarity in using fresh herbs and spices. They've got healthy dishes too, love it! Thanks for the visit :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm lovely food - very exotic for a Norwegian you know - my mouth is watering!
I just love sea food so the last pic is my favourite :-)

Not only are you a great dreamer, your a great blogger too!

orange said...

rennyBA, hi! thanks for taking time visiting my blog site and thanks for the compliment :)

Anonymous said...

love pho noodles, simple, refreshing, comfort food